Ghana Association of Assembly Members (GAAM), has set 14th-17th June, 2021, to hold its Regional and District Executives elections across the nation.
Addressing the press today at Sweet Garden Hotel in Kumasi after the regional executives meeting, the Western North Regional President, Hon. Frank Nelson Ackah, said measures have been placed to hold a successful election.
He emphasized the below points as excerpts from the Meeting held in Kumasi, moreover, he called on all the assembly members to follow the directives to avoid any sanction.
1) That some seven electoral areas within the Aowin Municipality failed to elect their assembly members during the 2019 District Assembly and Unit Committee elections, hence calling on them to do so as soon as possible.
2) That, President Nana Akufo-Addo should not appoints MMDCEs who woefully involved themselves in Illegal mining activities in the forest and water bodies.
3) That, the people of Sefwi should stop fighting strangers who have to reside in some areas for some time over positions, he called on them to avoid such behaviours.
4) That, the security agencies, especially the Police must give the same priorities and respect to assembly members as they give to government officials, such as the MMDCEs and the MPs, since assembly members are always the first point of contacts in their respective communities there is a problem.
5) That, any Municipality or district assembly which does not have a presiding member must ensure that they elect one before the appointment of the MMDCEs commences, perhaps, the association will not allow any “Member presiding” at Assembly meetings.
Furthermore, Mr Ackah was very optimistic that, the association is endowed to support its members and the region in their activities.
“We are ready to help every assembly member in the region, I will also entreat all assembly members to support the activities of the association for the betterment of the country”, he added.
Schedule for District Level Executive elections below
Send your news stories to [email protected] and via WhatsApp on +233 550759727.
WATCH SEFWINEWS TV (Kindly subscribe to our YouTube Channel)